Today was my last day at work, so of course I had to squeeze in one more craft. This time, they made trophies for their dads for father’s day.
After three days working of them, here are the mirror costumes:
Most of the work was in the harness contraptions on the back, which I did not take a picture of. I hope they hold up.
Also, the cat face is there to cover student names. I know I can’t show pictures of my kiddos, but I don’t know about names. Better safe than sorry.
It was a busy day today, but I got to spend a good part of my day at my desk…making props. Unfortunately, I didn’t take pictures of the props I made, but here’s a prop makers desk:
Straight edge, box cutter, duct tape, glue, and lots of cardboard. The cardboard is going to be a mirror costume when I get done with it. I’ll try to remember to take a picture of it when I’m done.
I’ve been painting big set decorations for our annual showcase.
This showcase is a huge deal. They rent out a big theater and the kids put on dance performances, sing songs in Japanese and English, play instruments, and put in plays. The K5 kids do a play in Japanese with their class and then the two classes come together to do a okay in English. They are the only ones that have to do the play in English. The other kids just sing an English song.
Anyway, back to the point. One of the K4 classes is doing Alice In Wonderland and the K5 English play is Snow White. The Japanese teachers decided the sets were similar enough that they could use the same painted backdrops and set decorations. Much relief. Then they decided not to do a big backdrop piece, but several smaller pieces (that are still big, but not as big as the backdrop would be), so that’s what I’ve been working on. The last piece was a tree and to make it more interesting visually, we made it an apple tree. After painting the apples and the green leafy part, I thought it needed something to break up the brush strokes.
I have a random assortment of stuff at my desk and in my cabinets. Things like glitter glue, yarn, paper plates, washi tape, double sided tape, and foam sheets. I needed to do something for the tree working with what I had, so I decided to make a stamp and stamp leaves on the tree. Enter foam scraps and double sided tape.
It doesn’t look like much, but it got the job done. The tree is finished and I kind of like the way it came out. Hind sight being 20/20, I should have done more dark leaves and less lighter ones, but oh well.